Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Celebration IV

WOW!!!!

I've just returned from the biggest Star Wars geek-fest EVER! Celebration IV in Los Angeles. It was fantastic. Check out my pics here.

Five days of Star Wars is enough to overwhelm even the strongest Sci-Fi constitution, but I endured, and I WANT MORE!!! I was fortunate enough to meet Carrie Fisher, Peter Mayhew, Anthony Daniels, David Prowse, Don Bies, Lorne Peterson, Jay Laga'aia, Seth Greene, Seth McFarland, and so many more.

CIV was nothing like I expected. I thought the participants were all going to be the ubergeek type and the event to be disorganized and difficult to navigate. The folks at GenCon (although not the friendliest people) were very organized and efficient and the fans were a BLAST!

My favorite part of the event was the part I thought I'd like the least. That would be the Q&A panels for the celebrities (like Carrie Fisher). The actors were all very funny and personable. They answered even the most absurd questions, and were a genuine treat to see and meet. I only wish I could have made it to more of the panels, but I had to choose between Droid Building 101 and Carrie Fisher. (Don't tell the droid builders, but there's really no contest.)

I even got to see some exclusive footage as well as props from the upcoming Robot Chicken Star Wars Special as well as the Family Guy Star Wars Special.

My only lament is that I didn't get the exclusive I wanted (Yoda and R2 Maquette). For three days in a row, Gentle Giant sold out of them WHILE I was standing in line. After that, I decided EBay would have to do (even if it means paying twice what the damn thing's worth.) Oh well, such is life

No comments: