Thursday, June 21, 2007

Where Science and Imagination Meets Brats of All Ages

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

If there was one thing that Celebration IV was missing (besides the orginal cast) it was PROPS! I turn into a four year old at the sight of any cool scaled models, and I was really looking forward to seeing the original ILM props at CIV. Apparently, they forgot to bring them.

To their credit, there was a small room with a smattering of concept art, various versions of Vader's lightbright chestplate and a few random costumes. The highlight of the room was a voting booth that allowed you to cast your vote as to what color Han Solo's parka was in The Empire Strikes Back.

Next to the voting booth was the parka. I think the results may come back somewhat skewed.

Luckily, there's an exhibit touring the nation that brings the props to the fans. It's called Star Wars: Where Science Meets Imagination. In my case, the tour has a scheduled stop about five miles from where I work. Fort Worth isn't the biggest city in this part of the nation by a long shot, which is why I live here, so I was pleasantly surprised that the tour made a stop here.

The exhibit was fantastic. It had the Tantive IV, the Millenium Falcon, the X-Wing, and every other prop you could hope to see. Check out my pics to see more.

No comments: